Manage and keep track of your personal charitable donations with a Charitable Giving Options Account.
You can use your Options Account to store and accumulate funds for your charitable giving, until you decide to make a donation.
Funding can be from:
Donations can be made to any UK registered charity or charitable organisation.
When you decide to donate, you can log in to your account on Options Online and either:
• Create an eVoucher, to send a one-off donation to your chosen charity; or
• Set up a Standing Order, to send funds regularly to your chosen charity (a one-off set up charge of £5 applies for each new Standing Order)
We aim to distribute Standing Order donations by BACS to your chosen charities no later than the 5th of the month and eVoucher payments within 10 working days of receipt. Assuming availability of funds and charity information.
You can only fund your account from your pre-tax income if your employer/pension provider operates their Payroll Giving scheme with us.
Apply via Options Online and follow the on-screen instructions. Once you have applied you will receive an email to confirm your application is being processed.
For post-tax funding applications, we will contact you with information on how to send us your funds.
The charges for operating an Individual Options Account are as follows:
- Pre-Tax (Payroll Giving) - No additional charge other than any which may have been incurred to administer the Payroll Giving scheme.
- Post-tax - Gift Aid claims will incur a charge of 4% per deposit, capped at £10 per claim.
- Standing Orders - One-off initial set up charge of £5 per new Standing Order
- Vouchers - No charge for one-off voucher or eVoucher donations
Charges are debited from accounts as and when they arise.
The main features are summarised below:
- Contributions of at least £1 per week or £5 per month are required for accounts funded pre-tax.
- Contributions of at least £60 per annum are required for accounts funded post-tax.
- A book of twenty vouchers is available free of charge to each new account holder on request.
- Subsequent books will incur a charge of £5 to cover the cost of printing, postage and packaging.
- No interest will accrue on funds held in an Individual Options Account.
- Reclaimed Gift Aid will be credited to accounts when received from HMRC.
- Disbursements must be made to charity at least once every 2 years.